বুধবার, ২১ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১১

Behind the innocent eyes

During our sixth grade, we would always come out of school and eat some foods like ice creams and cold drinks. They would be sold outside the campus. Every day, I would notice a small boy standing there and crying about his mother being very ill and that he needed to buy medicines for her. I ignored him for a few weeks but could not do it anymore. So on day, I went up to him and bought him an ice cream and gave him 100 taka to buy medicine for his mother. He was very happy and ran off. I felt very good and got on my car and headed towards home. Our car stood on a signal when I spotted the small boy in front of a shop. To my surprise, rather than buying medicines for his mother, he bought three packets of cigarettes. After buying them he came outside the shop and threw down the ice cream I bought him. Then, he took out a lighter and lighted one of the cigarettes and started smoking. I could not believe my eyes. He was barely twelve years old and he was smoking! Furthermore, citizens saw him but no one cared enough to try and stop him. Is this what poverty is doing to us!

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন